JOB TITLE: PROGRAM & EVENTS MANAGER
Download this information as a document>
Applications close: April 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Hours: Regular full-time, with occasional evenings and weekends
Benefits: Package to be negotiated
Compensation: $35,000 – 45,000, depending on experience
ABOUT DOWNTOWN SPRINGFIELD INC
Downtown Springfield, Inc. (“DSI”) is a 501(c)6 business association and Main Street organization working to increase economic and cultural vitality in historic downtown Springfield. DSI is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2018. Our current issue areas are Vitality, Vacancies, Volume and Vision.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Program and Events Manager develops and implements fundable programs and events that increase foot traffic in the downtown district. S/he should bring a strong existing network of relationships to DSI and be fearless in seeking partnerships and support for revitalization efforts. The Manager is a leadership position that requires savvy and creativity to work with our many stakeholders and help increase our district’s brand recognition as a cutting edge, entrepreneurial, fun and fabulous, growing district.
• Experience in the non-profit sector
• Track record of developing and building financial and moral support for new programs
• Experience in event management
• Understanding of neighborhood business districts
• Skilled in public speaking, community outreach and effective networking
• Entrepreneurial spirit and love for urban revitalization
• Program and Service Delivery — Designs, markets, promotes, and delivers high quality programs that help to revitalize downtown. Finds and secures funding for programs.
• Council Guidance & Support — Provides staff support to various committees assisting with program delivery.
• Event Management — Effectively produces DSI events and activities utilizing our volunteer network.
• Community and Public Relations — Works alongside Executive Director to effectively communicate on behalf of the organization and the downtown district.
• Other Duties as Assigned — Other specific administrative and promotion-related duties as defined by the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in non-profit or government sector
• Technology savvy
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of constituents and personality types
• Experience in community development organization, chamber or retailers organization
• Previous events management experience
• Previous membership organization experience
CANDIDATE SUBMISSION PROCESS
Prior to April 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., qualified and interested candidates are invited to mail or email your resume and a cover letter addressing why this position aligns with your experiences, skills, professional goals and personal passions, with “Program and Event Manager Search” as the Subject, to: Lisa Clemmons Stott, Executive Director, Downtown Springfield, Inc., 3 W Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 15, Springfield, IL 62701 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our timetable is to have the selected candidate start on May 1.